Saturday 9 September 2017

[Complaint] Mcdonald's new McFlurry Flavor - Chendol (TOO SWEET AHHH!)

And just weeks ago at the National Day Rally, PM Lee Hsien Loong had addressed the issue on diabetes of how the prevalence of diabetes is rising among the younger generation.

And with the appearance of the McDonald's latest craze - I finally understood what he meant.



Honestly, I am not a fan of sweet stuff - and THIS is totally in contrary to what PM Lee had emphasized on:


Sorry ah, I do not have anything against Mcdonald's. (In fact, I LOVE Mcdonald's and am always on the move to try their new menu items)
Their latest Nasi Lemak burger meal is so freaking awesome. (I believe many of you will agree with me on this, right.. RIGHT?)

Unfortunately, their new Chendol McFlurry is a big no-no for me. 
The first mouthful was great- It was very flavorful and bursting with the taste of Chendol and all, but subsequent mouthfuls almost had me gagging from the sweetness that was on the overboard side.
I wouldn't rate it as the normal type of sweetness - but more of a guarantee diabetes kind of sweetness if one were to have it everyday.



I know Chendol should be sweet and all - but this is just way too much. I did not manage to finish the whole cup as much as I wanted to (Not cheap, leh!).
Don't get me wrong, the McFlurry actually has a great potential - but I just feel it can be better if the sweetness can be reduced to at least 30 - 40 percent.

I am sure there will be a few of you who will not think that it is sweet (if you are one of them, then I guess you must be someone who is too accustomed to sweet/sugary stuff). UHHHH.


Sorry Macdonalds, I love you but I am not going to support the Chendol McFlurry.
I really hope that the sweetness can be further reduced for a healthier option!

P/S: The blog post above only reflects my own opinions and does not represent anyone else. In other words, it is from my own perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment