Monday 27 August 2018

[Review] Ohana Poke - Can Healthy food be Yummy?

You know, I am not someone who is exactly fond of healthy food. It's a typical mindset - Healthy food always tend to be on the 'bland' side. 

But not until I was invited to give this a try...

*drum rolls*

Ohana Poke



You might be wondering what this is all about. When I first heard of Poke bowl, my first thought was , "What is this ah? Is it a type of Pokemon?


HAHAHA. But trust me, its indeed pronounced as "Poh keh"though. But it is far from being related to the famous Pokemon, of course.
Basically, Poke means "to slice or cut" in Hawaiian language and refers to chunks of raw but fresh, marinated fish which is scattered over rice and topped with other vegetables and sauces.

Sounds good?? But that is just the generic description of a Poke bowl. Fret not even if you are not a fan of raw food - Because a Poke bowl is FULLY customisable according to your preferences! 


If you are a fan of Japanese food, I am sure you will absolutely love this concept, too. 
The flexibility of the choice of ingredients will add on to the reduction of food wastage because you ONLY choose the ingredients that are to your liking. In other words, this is fully customisable - So there are definitely many different combinations to play around with! For e.g.: if you dislike salmon, then you can exclude it in the combination and have other ingredients added.

At Ohana Poke, you won't have the headache of choosing the ingredients over the counter or hog any queues, too! Just take the piece of order form (pencil provided) and indicate your preferences. When you are done, just simply hand it over to the lovely staff at the counter and they will process your order.
Easy peasy...??!


Everything is pretty straightforward and clear-cut. You choose your preferred base and mains. And if you want more ingredients than default, it is possible with a minimal top-up.

Prices start from as low as $12.80.



I did have a headache as was spoilt for choice. I literally felt like I wanted almost everything on the menu! (But it's impossible lah...  I admit my mouth is pretty big, but not to that kind of extent...)


 I know it was just only food, but I got so excited like a little girl while anticipating it.

AND YES.... THEY ARE HERE!! 
(It didn't take too long for the food to arrive, and I have to say that the staff were really efficient in processing the orders!)

Look at my silly grinning face (as though I just struck 4D) while holding the Poke bowls. LOL.


I remembered I uploaded a teaser photo on my Facebook and friends were all commenting how delicious the poke bowl looked.


Well, can I say the same about its taste?
Continue reading to find out.



OMG YES.
In my personal opinion, the Poke bowl I had felt like an enlarged version of Japanese sushi. I totally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the combination - Every single chosen ingredients blended in really well together, and... They tasted VERY fresh, too. 

However, do take note that they are not heated or hot food. It's exactly like sushi - Not hot nor cold. So no need to worry about scalding your tongue in any way. (Hahaha)



Honestly, I did not get tired of its taste after every mouthful. In fact, I yearned for more after each bite as it has a rich taste that kept my taste buds satisfied.

As I was afraid that I was unable to finish the food, I ordered a small size bowl (it comes in S and L size) - and immediately regret the decision when I was on the verge of finishing it.



If you were to ask me if I would be a returning customer, I would say YES. As compared to many other food choices out there, this is considered a healthy yet delicious meal. At least, I don't feel guilty for eating it!

Furthermore, there are still many different variety of combinations that I've yet to try- I guess it is gonna take me a few trips!

And if you are wondering where this place is, it's conveniently located at:


5 Changi Business Park Central #01-20 Changi City Point

Changi, Singapore

For people who stay in the East, I am sure this will be a to-go place for you. 

For more information and updates, you can check them out at their official FB page too:

https://www.facebook.com/ohanapokesingapore/

You will have no regrets!


No comments:

Post a Comment