Saturday 14 January 2012

Titanic - The Memories

I have always been a HUGE fan of museums. I don't know why, but I feel this vibe whenever I view artifacts. It's a surreal feeling- having to witness a piece of history right in front of me. History is something that I truly appreciate, and always will.

SO IMAGINE MY EXCITEMENT WHEN MY FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT A TITANIC EXHIBITION THAT IS IN SINGAPORE RIGHT NOW.

I was like, "OMG, OMG. Really?! The TITANIC exhibition is here?!" and I totally felt like heading there at that very instant. Speaking of an once-in-a-lifetime experience! I have heard enough raves of the traveling exhibit that has been touring around different countries, and the fact that they made Singapore one of its stops is way beyond awesome.

I'm usually stingy with my money, but I am positive that this exhibit is something that will be well worth every penny. It was really and totally a pity that I wasn't aware of this exhibition earlier when it started off. I guess I have missed out on those happening moments. 
Now, judging from my post, I'm sure you have this impression that I've went to this exhibition already... BUT NO.

As much as I AM DYING TO GO THERE, I'm waiting for the right moment. I figured its going to be more meaningful if I were to go there on 15th April 2012, as its their 100th Anniversary. (And yes, I'm so going to drag all my friends along for this visit.) Advance booking is a must!
It's only January now... And I have a freaking 3 more months to wait. I'm sure all good things will come after the wait. (*breathes in and out* All I need is patience!)

I have a new-found fascination for Titanic recently, and I did a cartoon illustration using my usual style.
(Drawn using Adobe Flash and enhanced using Adobe Photoshop)

I am not really contented as its not tuned to my desired perfection yet. :( I'm not really a perfectionist, even though I tried! Gaaah~


I tried some editing on the illustration using BeFunky's software, and it turned out like this (which I kind of like the effect!):


And to Titanic fans, have you watched "Ghosts Of The Abyss"? Its a beautiful docu-movie. I was watching this with a dropping jaw. You'll feel if you are there, witnessing the aftermath of the shipwreck. The beauty of the Titanic, however, remains. This movie is split into several parts, you may wish to click on the video and link to the other parts if you are interested.



I have learnt so much about the history, facts and everything about Titanic these few days that left me in fascination. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT THE EXHIBITION IN APRIL! Can I just step into some time machine that can send me to the date just so I can visit it soonest?
Gaah.. And for those who have yet to visit, do head down to the ArtScience Museum now. Its now or never!
Do feel free to check out their website at: www.titanic.sg 

No comments:

Post a Comment