Saturday 25 May 2013

[Official Launch Invite] Sentosa 4D Adventureland~

I was invited to Sentosa 4D Adventureland's Official Launch! 

Being a MAJOR fan of anything 3D or 4D related, I knew I would be in for a good time.
Read on to find out my first-hand experience of all the shows and rides!
(Hint: I had one hell of fun and laughter!!)

Despite the fact that I didn't have much make-up on, I rushed over after work to attend the launch.


(Special thanks to my monk for accompanying me to the event and helping to take photos! The photos turned out better than I expected! Hahaha.)

The Sentosa 4D Adventureland is conveniently located at Imbiah Station (Just take the monorail from VivoCity and alight at Imbiah Station. Spot the escalator and follow it all the way...You will eventually reach the amazing land!)

I spotted the boards and immediately ran over to take a photo to prove that I was there! Hahaha.
Excited much!


The Sentosa 4D Adventureland consists of 3 different activities that you will definitely enjoy while you are here.


The entry wrist tag!


Wow, we were greeted with food as well at the launch.
(Thanks for the great welfare!)


They even hired a photographer to take photos - which were framed with "Sentosa 4D Adventureland" logo and gave us as souvenir! 

Awww...
Here's the one I was given:
(Even though I looked unglam without much make-up on, but I still love it - So much sentimental value!)


Having some good food before we were off for the exciting activities that awaited us...


Some food photos for your eyes:





My favorite!

Random. I don't know why but I looked so "white" in most of my photos.
If only I were really that fair in real life. *sigh*



Here, we embark on our first journey - Journey 2 - The Mysterious Island!
(**THIS IS A MUST WATCH!**)


Length of Experience including Pre-show: 15 minutes

Description of Show: The star of, the 2008 Hollywood Blockbuster, 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' is back in another Jules Verne - inspired voyage. While looking for his long lost grandfather, Sean (played by Josh Hutcherson), decodes a secret map that points him to the elusive, 'Mysterious Island'. 

Join Sean and his friends in an immersive 3-D/4-D Experience as they fly through a tornado, encounter giant lizards, discover the lost city of Atantis, and pilot Captain Nemo's submarine. Featuring an all-star cast, including Michael Caine Dqayne Johnson, Vanessa Hudgens, and Luis Guzman, this is one-of-a-kind adventure you won't want to miss.


I was really excited while queuing up in anticipation.
The holding area...
Yep, it was really dark... Somehow reminds me of the good old Halloween days! Haha.


Sorry I just have to insert this spoiler image here.
Hahahaha.
This is the 3D glasses that we had to wear for the effects.




As taking photos was prohibited during the experience, I was unable to capture any exciting ones for you guys - but I do have a wonderful experience to share!

If you are one who loves the thrill of 3D movies, I am sure you will totally be screaming in glee and excitement with this ultimate 4D experience. No kidding.
I was really impressed by the effects. It was like we were a part of the characters in the movie, and we could even see, feel, hear and SMELL what was happening in the scenes!
There was a part when there was a thunderstorm and I could feel the water on my face! 
Not to mention that there was a spear-like object being thrown by the character in the movie, and I could feel something "stab" me  lightly at the back.
(There were screams from everywhere . I guess it just took everyone by surprise!)

I was grabbing onto my seat tightly throughout the experience as I was totally enjoying the "not-knowing-what-to-expect" feeling.. It was like uncovering new experiences every second, and no words can describe how much I love it!

If there is one thing about the experience I can complain about, it would be that I didn't have enough of it!
(How awesome it would be if it was a 2 hr long movie. HAHAHA. Ok, I'm very greedy, ain't I!)

So do be sure to catch this exclusive experience (be it whether you are a tourist or local Singaporean) - You will NOT regret it.
.
.
.
.

After we came out from the thrilling show, there was an exciting segment prepared for us too.
*squeals*
Scroll down and you'll find out... ...



Yes! We were given the opportunity to catch an exclusive video (We were the first to watch it!) of famous Vloggers who were involved in a crazy competition.
Can you spot your favorite stars in the shot I captured below?
(Yes, BINGO!)


And guess what... One of them from the video, Ridwan - the Ah Boys To Men star-, was there at the launch too!
(I know some of my friends are huge fans of him... Heh.. Jealous??!)


A cute move that sent his fans screaming.
Shaking his bom bom!


He prepared a song for his fans too, and it happened to be one of my favorite ones as well - BABY by Justin Bieber. Hahaha.


I just had to capture this shot. LOL.
You can imagine how thrilled his young fans must be feeling at that moment.


After the segment and more food, we were directed to our next stage of another exciting experience -
Desperados.


Length of Experience including Pre-show: 6 minutes

Description of Show: Doc the Sheriff needs your help again. Go on a wild chase in the canyons and mine tunnels as you and Doc take on the evil El Cascador at his secret hideout and battle it out in the ultimate gun-fight. Save the day and be crowned as the top shooting saviour!


Argh, even though there was no photograph taken as well (the entire area was too dark to take any photos anyway), but I shall fill you in with details using my own words.

Picture this in your head. You riding on a horse and holding a gun in your hand, ready on a mission to fight the villains.
And feel the adrenaline rush as you shoot the villain successfully and watch your points grow... Whoa.
I think I was holding the gun and shooting away like a madwoman during the experience - but unfortunately didn't score enough points to be crowned.
(GUESS WHAT?! MONK WAS THE ONE WHO GOT CROWNED AT A WHOPPING 280 POINTS! HOW COULD HE??!! *Jealous*)

Ah, Desperados is like an arcade game, but tons better. Its SO fun fighting villains with other strangers who are involved in the game as well.

In short, Desperados was a really interactive experience - and it almost made me forget that I was actually in a virtual world!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

After Desperados, we went straightaway to the 3rd experience : The Extreme Log Ride!!


Extreme Log Ride:
THIS IS MY OMG FAVORITE!!



Length of Experience incuding Pre-show: 10 minutes

Description of Show: Welcome to the land of Himalamazon and follow the spectacular journey of a Super-Tree log as it travels through the mega harvesting plant. Ride through deep caves and dive into crocodile-infested waters. You'll be gripping on for dear life!


OMG. No words can describe my feelings about this ride. If you are a fan of roller coasters, you will love, love, LOVE this as much as I do.
I was so impressed by the visuals that seemed so real. SO REAL that it was hard to believe that it was only a virtual ride!
With 6 seats per capsule, we were requested to put on the 3D glasses and fasten our seat belts. 
It was not long before the side doors were closed and the visuals in front of us changed. 
Screams could be heard throughout as we were taken on a crazy ride. Can you imagine that - There were actually sensory effects that include WIND and motion!

There was this part that simulates a long roller coaster ride, and the effects were too real! Bumps, wind, swaying of left and ride motions... You will find it hard to believe that everything happened indoor.
It was like I could sit on a roller coaster without having the fear that I would fall off from a tall height. HAHAHA.
The feeling was awesome!
And I remembered feeling disappointed when the ride came to an end.
Why couldn't it be longer??!! 


Well, here you go : -
The 3 different experiences at Sentosa 4D Adventureland.
Seriously... Your life can't be considered fruitful enough if you haven't been there, done that!





Opening Hours and Admission Charges:

Opening Hours: 10am to 9pm daily (last ticket sale, redemption & entry at 8.15 pm)

One-Day Adventure Pass (from 1st April 2013): *Unlimited entries on day of visit.
Adult - S$38.90
Child - S$26.90 (age 3 to 12 years old)

*Free entry for children below 3 years of age.
*Sentosa Island admission and transport charges apply.

Address: 51B Imbiah Road, Sentosa, Singapore 099708 (Imbiah Lookout).

For more information, do feel free to log on to:
www.4dadventureland.com.sg



Thanks, Sentosa, for the invitation!
     Enjoy and have fun! (I am sure you will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment