Monday 14 September 2015

SG50 Bearbrick Design Competition 2015 - WOOHOO!!! I made it!!!!

Been so busy lately that I haven't got the chance to update my rusty blog!
To those that are still staying tuned to my updates, THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU. Haha.

I'm thrilled to share a good news with everyone here (I went crazy myself when I received the news as it was kinda unexpected) - I participated in a SG50 themed bearbrick design some weeks back, and my design was selected to be part of the exhibition!!!

I don't have photographs featuring it yet- so I grabbed this from the official Action City website
.
(Those are the judges for the designs!! I see mine on the table!! Aaah.)


There will be 50 designs in total (alongside with designs by local celebrities) that will be displayed at the upcoming exhibition at 313@Somerset. 

As this is a SG50 themed design contest, my design features the iconic Toa Payoh (TPY) Dragon Playground (I just love the dragon playground so much! LOL), and I have implemented it on the bearbrick. 

(Friendly tip: If you can't tell it's the dragon, try using your palm and cover half of its face.. You might just see it appearing...)


I am feeling anxious as they will be producing my design on a 400% (that should be considered medium-sized?) bearbrick.
I have no idea how it is gonna' turn out, but for sure I'm thrilled!!

If you are a bearbrick enthusiast, fanatic, or just... purely my supporter *shy*, I look forward to your support! My bearbrick will be unveiled on the 21st September 2015!!

As below are the details: (I will definitely be turning up on the first day to take pictures!)
SG50 – My Memories of Singapore BE@RBRICK Exhibition 
(313@somerset Level 1 Atrium from 21 – 27 September 2015)

Feel free to take pictures, tag me, or a selfie (if we get the chance to meet) there!

Thank you so much to Action City and 313@Somerset for the opportunity. I am deeply humbled by the once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I know I have mentioned this in my Facebook before, but I am going to say it again.
I'm thankful to all my colleagues who have helped me in one way or another - Many of you went the extra mile to assist me in conceptualizing to visualizing the design. I'm sure the turnout would have been very different if not for you guys.
So.. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I couldn't have been a happier girl seeing my dream and passion turning into reality.
God bless... 

No comments:

Post a Comment